New York News
Allston and Syracuse Training Centers Open
To ensure that our members are still able to take the classes needed towards their apprenticeship and receive their re-certifications during these unprecedented times, the Allston and Syracuse Training Centers will open for classes on Monday, May 18, 2020. The opening of the training centers will also introduce the following safety precautions:
- Max six members to a class at the Allston Training Center
- Max 6 members to a class in Classroom 117, 9 members to a class in Classroom 115, 10 members to a class in Classroom 121 and 7 members to a class in Classroom 129 (Weld Shop) at the Syracuse Training Center
- Temperature will be taken at the door
- Masks must be worn at all times - if you do not feel comfortable wearing a mask, face shields will be provided. We encourage you to bring your own mask but if you do not have one, the Training Centers will provide you with a mask.
- Six feet of social distancing between members at all times
- Hand sanitizer and soap will be provided
We are implementing these precautions to provide a safe and healthy learning environment for our members. Please note that it is not mandatory to return to class if you do not feel safe.
The updated schedules can be found on our website:
For concerns or questions regarding availability, please contact the admins at the Training Centers.
Irene Jones, Syracuse Training Center: (315) 949-7031
Lisa Coulter, Allston Training Center: (617) 254-0042
Return to New York News