Read the latest email update here.
We are facing uncharted territory when it comes to the novel virus COVID-19 and the impacts it may have on our health and economy. The Eastern Millwright Regional Council is monitoring updates regularly and want to be a source of information for our members during this time. This news posting will be updated with Council-related changes and state-wide resources as information becomes available.
We urge all members to follow the CDC guidelines to keep you, your family and your Brothers and Sisters on the job site safe and healthy during this time. You can review the CDC guidelines here
Please submit your COVID-19 related questions on our Member/Spouse Feedback form here
and a member of our team will be in contact with you as soon as possible.
EASTERN MILLWRIGHT REGIONAL COUNCIL UPDATES AS OF MARCH 24, 2020
- All training centers have been temporarily closed until further notice. The admin staff at the Local 1163 and Local 1121 training centers are available via phone and email.
- The Edison, NJ and Philadelphia, PA Benefit Offices are no longer accepting walk-ins. You can still reach a Benefits representative via phone.
- The Carpenters Combined Funds Office in Pittsburgh, PA has been closed starting March 20, 2020. Representatives can still be reached via email here.
- The International Training Center has cancelled all programs within the next 30 days and will re-evaluate opening as more information becomes available. Please review this news posting for updates regarding the ITC.
- The Council office is no longer accepting walk-in visitors. We are still available via email and phone call. This will be re-evaluated on a week-to-week basis and an update will be available on Wednesday, March 25th.
- The UBC's Tax Fraud Day of Action events that were to begin in mid April have been postponed until further notice.
- Local 219's monthly Union Meeting on March 24, 2020 has been cancelled. Details on April's meeting will be announced as soon as possible
- Local 715's monthly Union Meeting on April 2, 2020 has been cancelled. Read the Executive Board's notice here.
- The CITF will be extending certification and qualification credentials (run through the CITF) for up to ninety days for those that are set to expire during the duration of training center closures.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Non-Essential jobs and construction sites have been shut down in my area. What does this mean for me?
Millwrights work is categorized as construction maintenance, an essential component to operation that ensures vital businesses remain functional. Unless your job-site has contacted you and has closed out of an abundance of caution or by government order, please continue arriving to work.
I am experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and have a fever. What should I do?
Follow your state-mandated protocols. Resource links for each state are below. Please contact the Foreman on the job to let them know if you will not be able to return to work due to COVID-19 symptoms. Please let your Foreman know if you test positive for COVID-19.
Someone in my house has COVID-19. Should I come in to work?
No. Follow your state-mandated recommendations (ex. call your PCP) to receive a test for Coronavirus. The federal government recommends anyone who has come in to contact with COVID-19 to remain in quarantine for 14 days. Do not risk infecting your Brothers and Sisters on the job site.
What do I do if I lose my job due to COVID-19?
If your job has ended or you have been laid off due to COVID-19 and no other jobs are currently available, file for unemployment benefits as soon as possible. On March 18, 2020, President Trump signed a bill into law that expands unemployment benefits. Please place yourself on the Out of Work list so that we may contact you if jobs become available. Information on the out of work list can be found here
Please utilize this page if you are out of work due to COVID-19
Please utilize this page to assist you in the unemployment application process
Read General President Douglas J. McCaron's response to COVID-19 here
State Links on Coronavirus: