Public News

Local 219: Accepting Applications


Applicants must apply in person on one of the following dates: March 18th through April 25th, 2019 from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm, Monday through Thursday at the Carpenters Union Training Center located at 21420 Vaughn Rd., Georgetown, DE 19947. 

The test day will be on Tuesday, May 7th. A non-refundable $35.00 administrative processing fee is payable with the application. Money orders only, please – payable to Carpenters JAC. Cash or personal checks will not be accepted. Applicants must be at least 17 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent (except 2019 graduates). Photo identification is required when applying and when reporting for the qualifying test. A driver’s license or school I.D. is recommended.

The test consists of high school level math and math related to the carpentry trades including: decimals, fractions, and geometry. You will have two hours to complete the test. Please bring two sharp #2 pencils on test day. Calculators are not permitted. All qualified applicants will remain eligible for a three-year period. Proof of high school equivalency is required after you have passed the qualifying test.

Drug testing is a requirement for entry and continued participation in the apprentice program.

Anyone desiring information on the program or notice of application times may contact the school by writing to the Carpenters JATC, 10401 Decatur Rd., Philadelphia, PA 19154, by calling 215-824-2303, or at the website


The Carpenters Joint Apprenticeship and Training Fund of the state of Delaware and Maryland, Philadelphia, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Lehigh, Montgomery, Northampton, Carbon, Berks and Lancaster counties in Pennsylvania and admits students of any race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, nationality or ethnic origin in admission policies, educational policies, scholarship loan agreements, and any other school administered programs.